Tuesday, February 5, 2013

G 45 as in Graphic 45 Products

I use to teach archival scrapbooking methods, when inspiration strikes and I like challenges. I have an admitted passion, and addiction to paper...

One of those popular industry paper crafting lines is Graphic 45 and known to many in the Scrapbooking industry. I will be highlighting projects in the future, explaining my frustrations with the various paper lines, the industry, and this is a sneak peak on one of the collections that I am combining with three other collections. This album project that is an attempted gift for June that will feature: Graphic 45 8 x 8 on the boardwalk (two 8 x 8 paper pads), Graphic 45 8 x 8 tropical travelogue (two 8 x 8 paper pads) and two Tim Coffey one being the 12 x 12 TC Travel Designer Paper Pad and the other being the 12 x 12' TC Travel - Voyage TC. I have also purchased and already had other various embellishments for this project. Some being the newer Tim Coffey, Jolee's boutique, etc.

My first frustration came after making this as it is not complete yet. Graphic 45 is a heavier paper with a unique feel too it. It has a beautiful matte finish. However, you really need to be careful on how easy it is to tear especially when folded. I am working on the solution for this. I personally back up allot of paper with additional paper or heavy paper scraps when making a dimensional piece that will be handled to give it structure and I know one you tuber paper artist likes to only use a multi matte medium from Claudia Helmuth. I have tried other matte mediums, but not this one as of yet, and I waiting on the tester bottles to see how well this works and holds up.

In the two photo's below you will see how I laid the original paper pieces over the top and then removed them to show the original design and how it looks after I got ahold of it to create a collage affect on the paper. I have added a list of the actual names of the papers used for this unfinished album spread of one of the 8 x 8 on the boardwalk.

If you like the design of the 8 x 8 you can convert this into a 12 x 12 page spread.

1. 2 full 8 x 8 sheets of Summer Crush double sided sheets. I used the red bottle caps to back up the written boardwalk.
2. 1 partial 8 x 8 Bathing Beauties double sided sheet. I used a few of the female photo images and saving the rest for another project page or pages.
3. 1 partial 8 x 8 Coney Island double sided sheet. I used the one female image in the bathing suite and saving the rest for another project page or pages.
4. 1 partial 8 x 8 By the Beautiful Sea double sided sheet. I used a few of the right corner advertisements photo images and saving the rest for another project pages or pages.




























No comments:

Post a Comment