Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Snow Glitter

There are many brands of glitter out on the market and the most famous in generations past was and still is "german" glass glitter. Maybe, I will get lucky to afford all of those gorgeous $9.00 a jar bottles in the future. Which in all reality for someone like me on a budget is expensive.

In this instance to correlate with the Alene's Snow paints which I have found to be the best on the market and I wanted a snow glitter. I decided on three products to create that glitter.

I used one pack of winter snows glitter from Martha Stewart with six small vials in the package, one dry glitter "clear rock candy distressed glitter" from Ranger, and another well known glitter called Twinklets diamond dust. Then I poured each one of the jars into a repurposed preserve jar and shock it to blend well. I should add the dry glitter looks about half the size of the diamond dust. The result is beautiful and exactly what I am looking for in regards to snow projects.

Although many of these products can be found in various places. I purchased all three trough two different etsy sellers.

I say if you cannot find the color you need like paint mix it for yourself. My apologies on the bad lighting that I am used to working in.






















No comments:

Post a Comment