Thursday, February 14, 2013

Graphic 45 a Tropical Travelogue Island Jewel.

I have made more progress on my Hybrid of Graphic 45 and K and Company. I am still waiting on the 8 x 8 Tropical Travelogue paper pads and forgot to add that I ordered a few of the 12 x 12's that already came in as accents to the Album. I immediately starting playing with them to see what I could come up with. In this instance I am only highlighting a few elements from 2 of the 12 x 12 Tropical Travelogue #4500400 and Seaside Holiday #4500406. If you are familiar with the company or the papers you will know that both papers have a duplicate image. The photography below shows how I altered both of them to be different. The one on the left is fussy cutting and emphasizing her hair which is from the Seaside Holiday paper (Escape) and the one to the right is fussy cutting and emphasizing her hair band and using the Tropical Travelogue paper (An Island Jewel). I also used a scrap of K and Company "Travel" paper on the back of Tropical Travelogue paper (An Island Jewel)  The giant yellow flower was purely accidental and comes from the DCWV Vintage Stack. I have not added more of the tropical flowers and will decide that later on Tropical Travelogue paper (An Island Jewel). I am thinking of highlighting her on the front cover. I used the blue paper as a border for the Tropical Travelogue (An Island Jewel). I think it comes from the same DCWV Vintage Stack, and is not technically solid blue. I stamped the blue with one of my stamps but you can just use a matching blue card stock. The script stamp only has 2000 Stampin Up on it, and is likely retired. I did not use the frame stamp or the Tropical Palm Frond (feather) yet but I am thinking of including the frame for matting purposes again on 8 x 8's, and the Tropical Palm Frond (feather)  in arrangement/s but the feathers only go in one direction. The script stamp, and frame did not work well with the Newer Ranger Peacock and Concord distressed ink pads, and I had to stamp multiple times with the script, and frame to get the desired affect. It served it's purpose, I won't be purchasing the distressed inks anymore, and you can incorporate other designs from your own stamp collection or other stamp collections to get a desired effectual textural backdrop. The Tropical Palm Frond (feather) came out beautifully, and I only needed to stamp them once with both colors. The Concord was the accent color over the Peacock. The decorative frame just states Magenta, and is also likely retired. The Tropical Palm Frond (feather) stamp states Tropical Palm Frond #3629F Bar Code #717855036299 has a CE/purple dot and is made by Delta Rubber Stampede and I cannot currently read the date. Sometimes you can get retired stamps on EBAY or ETSY. Example: Search large script! I have approx. 4 different kinds of scripts in my stamp collection, and this is the largest of them measuring approx. 5 x 6.





No comments:

Post a Comment