Saturday, February 23, 2013

My re-measured Hidden Hinge (Kathy Orta) in 1/2 inch...

Now it's meaning Kathy Orta larger file folder systems have and feature a 3/8 inch hinge system. I have formerly made three envelope mini's as gifts. I did not use this hinge system on any of those. The only one I tried with the 1/4 inch Kathy Orta Hidden Hinge seemed, bulky, flimsy, and the pages did not lay well, and it definitely did not work well with thinner or flimsier envelopes. I have been working on another envelope mini in a black envelope format with a sturdier, and more flexible 1/2 inch hinge. I found the half inch hinge stronger, essentially nicer to work with, and I also found a heavier weight envelope worked better when attaching to the hinge as opposed to the traditional thinner Michaels black envelope mini's. With the 1/2 inch hinges it also seemed to lay better/flatter. The bottom  picture is of the unfinished mini and laying flat at the center like the stack the deck is supposed too but I have not attempted the stack the deck. Although, I think the 1/2 inch hinges make a difference, and to be honest I am not fond of the hinge system at all. I 'm still not fond of envelope mini's. I only used a 4 3/8 x 6 1/4 envelopes. When I get a chance in the future I would like to find a larger black envelope and try it again. I still have a few pages that need paper, and it needs a cover.




No comments:

Post a Comment